The fourteen track mixtape shows the versatility of a young rapper whose stomping ground of Malmo, Sweden was not a consideration as one of Hip-Hop’s birth places. However, that did not stop international rapper, Rebstar from dropping his mixtape “Arrival”. Packed with hits such as “I Like It” featuring Ray J with production by Kid Klassic and DJ Pain 1, “Without You” featuring Trey Songz with production by T-Minus, “Put It On My Tab” featuring Rich Boy & Fletcher, Rebstar’s talent speaks for itself. Breaking down limits and barriers within musical territories, Rebstar has proven that music is no longer confined to the streets of New York or to the stages of Los Angeles.
As no stranger to the hip hop world, Rebstar has been working with great artists since his career began. The release of his debut “Without You” featuring Grammy-nominated singer Trey Songz exploded onto the scene garnering airplay all over the globe and brought in over 3 million online video views catapulting Rebstar’s career into the music industry. On an international level, “Without You” was a smash hit in Sweden becoming the third most requested song on “The Voice” radio station and coming in at #81 on Sweden’s Top 100 songs of 2008.
With the debut of his mixtape “Arrival” available for at www.rebstar.com, Rebstar looks forward to the future while being mindful of the path he took to get to this point. Sweden is a long way from the streets of New York but as Rebstar found out—passion and the power of music can break all boundaries.
Growing up in Malmo, Sweden Rebstar was introduced to the English language that lit the fire and fueled his rhymes at an early age. His mother insisted he enroll in an international elementary school that taught English, hoping that it would afford him more opportunities in the future. Rebstar made his way through school eventually deciding to move to the UK to study law.
As he hit the books hard, Rebstar could not shake the feeling that he was meant to pursue music full-time. He dropped out of school and moved back to Sweden. Upon returning home, Rebstar took the first step towards making his music dreams come true by establishing his own record label called 2fresh. With an aggressive determination and a lifelong passion on his back, Rebstar was becoming the one to watch.
“Being an European artist, I pull influences for my music from all over the world. My sound isn’t easily defined because I don’t have the typical American or European Hip-Hop flow. The music is a mash up of different genres and cultures.”
Rebstar’s Arrival Track Listing
01) Standby In London ft. Eurokid (Produced by DJ Pain 1)
02) I Know Something (Produced by DJ Pain 1)
03) In For The Kill (Produced by La Roux)
04) Speak Up ft. Redrama (Produced by DJ Pain 1)
05) I Like It ft. Ray J (Produced by Kid Klassic & DJ Pain 1)
06) Drive (Produced by Redrama & Camoflage)
07) Down (Produced by DJ Pain 1)
08) Put It On My Tab ft. Rich Boy & Fletcher (Produced by DJ Pain 1)
09) What A Night ft. Fletcher (Produced by DJ Pain 1)
10) Find A Way (Produced by Mel Tillis)
11) Make You Dance (Produced Radar 101 & DJ Pain 1)
12) Without You ft. Trey Songz (Produced by T-Minus)
13) Dead Or Alive (Produced by Boi-1da)
14) Goodbye (Produced by City & Colour)